Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Friday!

That's right! I actually went out and went shopping on Black Friday! I don't know what possessed me, except for the possibilities of fabric and supplies on the cheap. Namely, I heard the siren call of an adjustable dress form. It actually didn't occur to me to try until I saw another costume-making friend of mine say that she was going to try and get one. And I thought that was a brilliant idea!

So my mom and younger sister and I load up at dark-thirty in the morning (seriously, it was DARK, and wouldn't get light for hours. We had to leave so early because we live so DANG far away from any decent shopping) so I got dropped off at JoAnn's and my mom at Roberts before they opened, then my sister just hung out at the mall halfway between until one of us called to say they were done. Some cold waiting in line, then the doors opened! Most everybody seemed to be there for the sales they were having on flannel (which I admit was a good sale, I just wasn't interested) so my way was clear to my dress form. Grabbed the box, strolled a little bit through the bead section, then checked right out! I'm kinda regretting not getting my fabric THEN, since later in the day the waiting line was outrageous, but oh well.

Now, I have an adjustable dress form (that I failed to take a picture of, because I'm still not used to this whole blogging thing...you probably don't care what it looks like anyway) that I think I'll name Neliel. XD She'll be very useful for the dress I'll be making for Tamaki. It's been so much fun planning and plotting with the other girls in my Ouran group that I get more excited for it every time I think! Picked up some gorgeous red satin to use for the dress, though I still haven't located the pink I'll need to use. See how much I want to wear this costume? I'm even willing to wear PINK, for heaven's sake!

No comments: