Saturday, October 8, 2011

I have decided!

That I'm going to try and use this blog for more useful things that just taking up webspace and basically being an eyesore.

I spent a good hour or more pouring over my big sister's craft blog tonight just loving her creativity, her drive to finish projects, and her taste in pretty much EVERYTHING. Gave me an idea! Except I'm not so much into furniture and home decor as I am completely obsessed with costumes. And anime is not to blame for this! It just gives me an extra outlet. :D Ask my mother, I've loved making and wearing costumes for...a really really long time. My siblings probably remember that one Halloween that I flounced around the house in my green, crushed-velveteen elven cloak for two weeks after the silly holiday. Heh. Good times!

So yeah, here I'm gonna (try to) post about the costumes I've done, ones I'm planning, progress of others. I'm actually glad I've thought of this before I completely finished my Neliel (I know she's pretty skimpy in this picture. I'm combining it with this blouse to make it modest and cool like that. :D) costume, because now I have incentive to document every step of it! I've tried to do that, but maybe I'll do better now. Unfortunately, I don't have progress (or even proper finished pictures, besides of me wearing them in bad lighting) photos of all my past costumes.

And I'll be honest, most of my costumes now (if not all) will probably be completely nerdy and almost solely for to wear to anime conventions. Hey, you get prizes for good ones there! Though when I do finally get Neliel done for next year's Anime Banzai, I'll also be taking her to the nearest Halloween costume contest with a cash prize so I can BLOW THEIR MINDS. I may leave the green hair off and come up with a more warrior-centaur-type look (I have no problems keeping the skull helmet and just designing a completely different outfit to wear on top. Oh...ideas...) for a less anime-central crowd, but anyone can see that a centaur with moving back legs is cool.

But anyway, these are my plans for my tiny corner of the world wide web. I'll get to work scanning up the drawings I've done of designs I've made for different ones. One thing I love to do is dress up the existing character design to make it more detailed, epic or to make it formal. A couple of those formal designs barely look like the original design at all.

And hey! Maybe this will some day help someone who wants to make the same or a similar costume. I FULLY INTEND on publishing the pattern I'm going to have to draft for Neliel's jacket. Because really, that thing is ridiculous and it's nigh unto impossible to find an existing pattern for anything AT ALL like it, with its crooked zipper.

No comments: